Instant Pot Balsamic Beef Sliders with Onions & Horseradish
We love Buy Ranch Direct - 100% grassfed, no antibiotics, no hormones, & humanly raised! This sweet and tangy Instant Pot Balsamic Beef is the perfect weeknight meal or party appetizer as it’s juicy, tender, and effortless.
For the Beef
- 2-3 lbs Buy Ranch Direct Cross Rib Roast (cut into 2x2 inch squares)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp tallow
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 red onion (peeled and cut into quarters)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
Roasted Red Onions
- 1 large red onion (sliced into ¼ inch thick steaks)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 12 AWG Everyday or Rosemary Minis
- ¼ cup horseradish cream
- Handful of arugula
- Cheese of choice (optional)
Make the Balsamic Beef
- Open and remove the roast from the packaging. Place on a large plate, pat dry with paper towels and sprinkle salt over the roast. Let sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes before cutting.
- Place roast on a cutting board and cut into 2 x 2 inch squares pieces.
- On the Instant Pot select the ‘Saute’ function. When the pot gets hot, add the tallow. Then add the roast pieces and sear for about 2 minutes on each side until browned. Press the ‘Cancel’ function. Let the roast pieces continue to brown in the Instant Pot.
- In a glass measuring cup, mix together balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, beef bone broth, minced garlic, honey and salt.
- Add the quartered onions, sprig of rosemary and bay leaf on top of the meat. Then slowly pour the balsamic mixture over the roast pieces. Using tongs make sure to lift the pieces so the mixture gets underneath the roast.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock the lid. Turn the vent valve to sealed and cook on high pressure for 60 minutes.
- When the 60 minutes are up, let the Instant Pot naturally release pressure for 10 minutes before opening the steam valve and removing the lid.
- Remove the roast pieces and set on a cutting board. Let sit for about 10 minutes before using a fork to shred meat. Reserve the cooking liquid to pour on top of meat, if desired. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Store leftover shredded meat and sauce separately in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Make the Roasted Onions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the peel from the onion and slice into ¼-inch thick steaks. Carefully separate into individual rings.
- Spread the onions onto a single layer on a parchment lined sheet tray. Drizzle the onions in avocado oil and toss to fully coat. Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast the onions for about 15 minutes or until they are soft and golden brown, making sure to stir the onions halfway through.
- Remove the onions from the oven and set aside to build mini sliders.
Build the Mini Sliders
- Slice the rosemary mini rolls in half and toast under the broiler.
- Spread horseradish cream over both sides of the roll.
- Add a good handful of shredded balsamic beef onto the roll and top with roasted onions and arugula.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: For a fun appetizer these mini balsamic beef sliders make a tasty open faced option or create a make your own slider bar with your favorite toppings!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 70 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 40 minutes