I just love @kaileeinthekitchen's dedication to creating and enjoying food!!! Here is her delicious chili recipe and fun story. Don't forget that our Everyday and Rosemary Minis go perfect!
"I brought a thermos of this chili to school. When I was ready for lunch, I could not get it open. I had to swallow my pride and ask my professor and entire class for help, all of whom also could not get the thermos to budge. I spent 45 minutes after trying to get help because I was fully devoted to breaking into this chili. I finally did it!!!. I fought the good fight, and it was worth every second of turmoil. It’s a classic chili, but it’s that good."
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chicken/veggie bone broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped (1 cup)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp hatch chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
How I Did It
- Heat a pot or sauté pan on a medium-low flame
- Add the olive oil, chopped bell pepper and chopped onion and cook until the onion is translucent
- Add the minced garlic and spices (cumin, basil, chili powders, salt and pepper) to the pan, cooking for about a minute, until the garlic begins to golden
- Pour the broth, water, beans, and chopped tomatoes into the pan and mix everything together
- Allow to cook on a low flame until it the chili comes to a boil
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately or allow to cool before storing in the fridge. Enjoy!
- And don't your Everyday or Rosemary Minis!
Recipe by @kaileeinthekitchen